South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust use ZetaSafe Integrated with Planet FM for their one stop compliance solution
Providing a safe environment for patients, clinicians and visitors is vital for South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust – and with 4,600 staff and more than 230 services including inpatient wards, outpatient and community services – it’s not an easy task, especially when you take into account the volume and diversity of the estates property portfolio.
In order to have total control and visibility of their water hygiene and fire safety compliance, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust took the decision in 2013 to bring their compliance management in house, rather than relying on contractors, and following a stringent evaluation process implemented ZetaSafe in 2013.
“We were lucky enough to learn about ZetaSafe from another NHS trust who were successfully using it to manage their compliance. We knew that it would reduce administration time and provide a robust audit trail, but for us there was an additional factor to consider. As we were already using Planet FM as our CAFM system, it was essential that there was integration between our CAFM system and our Compliance System. ZetaSafe understood our challenge and developed an API to directly integrate with Qube’s Planet FM. This not only produced a full audit trail, from defect through to remedial process completion, but also meant that we only had one system to maintain.”
Why did South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust select ZetaSafe for compliance?
- Seamless CAFM Integration – The direct integration with Qube’s Planet FM meant that the Trust could benefit from best of breed CAFM and compliance systems.
- Mobile & Flexible – ZetaSafe’s mobile solution meant engineers could carry out work and had proof of visit to the asset in question.
- Scaleable – The Trust were particularly impressed with the way that ZetaSafe accommodates vast quantities of data across their diverse portfolio of properties, The Trust have confidence that as they grow their estate, workload and workforce, ZetaSafe is capable of dealing with the increased demand. This helps to truly future proof their choice of software and the API integration.
- Fully functional compliance software – Ability to track trends, visibility of work completed and confidence in the integrity of the data entered. Action alerts & escalations keep people informed and empowered.
- End to end solution – ZetaSafe not only develop the software, but also provide implementation, development and ongoing support and maintenance where required. The Trust appreciated the consultative approach offered by ZetaSafe and the fact that the team were extremely responsive to requests.
Gemma continues: “The seamless integration with Planet FM manages location updates, raises work orders and closes ZetaSafe notices without the need for manual intervention – enhancing productivity and providing peace of mind. The API saves hours of administration time and ensures that we do not have any gaps in our audit trail, this helps to reduce our risk.”
- Total visibility – Through easily customisable dashboards, senior management are able to see and share compliance of the whole estate with one click and one login. This dramatically reduces audit time associated with spreadsheets and paper logbooks saving the Trust hours of senior management time.
- Peace of mind – Total visibility and assurance that remedial works and repairs have been completed and within the specified timeframe. Providing assurance the South London and Maudsley are maintaining a safe and compliant estate for patients, staff and visitors.
- External audits – The Trust save time by having a robust audit trail which demonstrates that risk is being managed effectively and issues are being identified and rectified.
- Saving money – Easy identification of consecutive failures and the ability to determine the specific make or model of equipment which has failed, means the most appropriate equipment can be purchased in future.
- Reduce Cost – ZetaSafe allows the trust to make decisions on key issues like sampling – sampling where there are identified issues and not sampling where the systems are working as expected.
- Independence & accountability – Ability to hold contractors and team members to account on work completed and the follow up actions. Increased sense of ownership encourages proactive working.
ZetaSafe Managing Director Andrew Dobbins comments: “We are delighted that the implementation of ZetaSafe has provided South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust with an efficient and reliable system to manage their Water Hygiene and Fire Safety compliance. The requirement for a solution that works end to end was a something that ZetaSafe and Planet FM have found challenging but rewarding and now adds real value to the day to day working of the Trust. Working with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has been a great experience and we will continue to provide them with ongoing support and innovation to ensure continued compliance.”
Trusted by 1000+ education, healthcare, local government and FM organisations; ZetaSafe is the leading cloud based compliance software for health, safety and environmental risk management.
ZetaSafe will help you to remain compliant with any requirement but is regularly applied to manage areas such as: water, fire, emergency lighting, gas and electrical, security, lab QA, routine checking, LOLER inspections and asbestos.
About South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust provides the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK.
They also provide substance misuse services for people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. Their services include the Maudsley Hospital and Bethlem Royal Hospital. They work closely with the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London. They are part of King’s Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre.
Get in touch today to discover how ZetaSafe can meet your compliance requirements and give you peace of mind!
Click here for Product Information